Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Great news!


I have been accepted for a long-term missionary assignment with Open Arms International! I plan to move to Kenya in May of this year, and will live and work at the Open Arms Village for a year. I am currently almost halfway through a 30 week training program, and my specific job description is still being created. Tentatively, I will be helping to secure supplies and plan and organize the medical clinics for the short term mission teams, as well as use my healthcare skills at the village during the rest of the year. I also hope to work with Open Arm's feeding program, street kids ministry, and the new baby home (which will open sometime this year!).
All of my work will be volunteer, so I am currently fund raising to cover my expenses. I need to raise about $800 per month, which will cover all of my living and travel expenses. All funds can be donated directly to Open Arms International and are tax deductible - Open Arms International is a 501(c)(3) I.R.S. organization Non-profit # 93-1060919. If you would like to support me with a monthly donation, you can arrange to have the amount automatically deducted each month. See the donation page for details.
I am debt free except for my mortgage, which will be completely covered (I am renting out my house), so any money donated will be go directly toward my mission expenses. I promise you I will use your money wisely and you will be supporting a great work! Any amount you can give, especially if you donate every month, will make a huge difference. There is a Swahili proverb that says “a drop and a drop fills the bucket”. Of course, if you want to give me a bucket of money all at once, I won't object to that either. =)
You can donate to me here: Donate now!

Thank you again for supporting me!

If you would like to be added to my e-mail list for important updates and a monthly newsletter, you can e-mail me at rach.kenya@gmail.com or you can contact me through Facebook (Rachel Gulden).

I look forward to hearing from you and I would love to answer any questions you have!

Sincerely,
Rachel Gulden


"And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.” Matthew 10:42 ESV


Thank you for your generosity. I know most people are experiencing financial difficulties in this economy. Be encouraged when you give to God's work - you will be rewarded! Any amount that you can donate will make a difference. A gift of $10 a month will do great things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment