Thursday, November 17, 2011

Street Boys Soccer

 Here are a few photos of the street kids' Saturday soccer game. They play soccer every Saturday at a field in town. 

 When I came on short-term trips the last two summers, we just visited the street kids at Tumaini drop-in center or stopped by the barracks to drop over leftover food. Now, I see them when I'm walking in town or going to the market and some of them yell my name when they see me passing in a car or a matatu. 

 I am amazed at how hard they can play, and they play non-stop for about 3 hours.





 This is a street kid with a boy from the neighborhood who came to join in the soccer game. You can clearly see the difference between the one who has a home to go to and who doesn't.



 

 We didn't have a soccer ball this week, they are playing with a volleyball. =)


And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple truly, I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward." Matthew 10:41-42


Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.



1 comment: