Sunday, June 12, 2011

Just a quick note. =)


Me and Beatie
Happy Sunday! Thought I would just write you a quick note to say hi. I have some free time to sit and type and relax the rest of the day. Yesterday we went to the Day of the African Child celebration, which took up the day so today was my cleaning and laundry day. The house parents surprised me with my own (new, and clean!) mop this week, so this week my floors got really cleaned. I did a load of laundry in the washing machine to hang on the line, then did my hand laundry (the delicates that aren't allowed to be paraded outside on the line, and anything that didn't come clean in the machine) and swept and mopped my room and bathroom before church. Church was inside because our church tent got pretty muddy at the celebration yesterday, so we had church in the office until the tent can be cleaned.  

Now I am catching up on some blogging (I'm writing extra so you'll have something to read all week!) and listening to the rain slam against the house. The roof is metal, so the rain sounds amazing!

I hope you are doing well and I want you to know how much I love reading your comments and e-mails from the blog! I am so blessed to be this far away from home but still able to keep in touch. Thanks for reading!

-Ok, seriously, the rain just started coming down even harder! Wish I could take a picture of it (yeah, i tried, no luck). I'm not sure I've ever seen rain like this! Maybe tomorrow we can go boating in the village! =) 

3 comments:

  1. Hey you! Sorry I missed you on Skype! Enjoy the rain and send a little (but not too much) our way. Love and hugs!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what was the celebration like? Sounds like a blast! Keep writing, love to hear how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us up to date Rachel. We love reading your blogs and seeing the pics! Tell us more about the Day of the African Child celebration... We love you and are keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete