Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last post for 2011!


Well this is a fun year to write about! Let's sum up – I turned 27. I wrote 51 blog posts and took approximately 4,705 photos this year. Oh yeah, I also sold my car and left my job and moved to Africa! Here's some more trivia and favorite things about this year:


I learned part of a second language. I now have the Kiswahili vocabulary of a gifted three year old child.

Flying over the Alps!

I flew 49,852 miles on airplanes this year.

I rode two trains, 9 undergound trains, a few taxis, at least 25 motorbikes, and maybe about 90 matatus.









I learned how to shower in a bucket of water. Then I learned how to shower in half a bucket of water.

I learned how to make an omelette. (not for me!)




THE Starbucks in Notting Hill. =)
I visited Starbucks in Portland, Graham, Tacoma, Seattle, Chicago, Salt Lake, Georgia, Istanbul, London and Amsterdam. (and Post Falls, Couer D'alene, Ritzville and Yakima...)













I became a mother. (sort of)
"My" sweet, sweet baby for 3 short months. 




Somehow I managed to pull off the hugest-ever-surprise for my mom (coming home for Thanksgiving!)


I have moved 5 times this year.


I took 26 pictures of the London Tower Bridge. And that doesn't include the ones I deleted. =)




I've killed approximately 1,237,455 spiders since I moved to Kenya, and I've probably inhaled 2-3 liters of second-hand Doom spider spray.



I experienced some of the greatest joys of my life this year, and also the greatest tragedies. At times I've been indescribably excited, and others, unfathomably homesick. But if I look at this year as a whole, I wouldn't change anything. I learned a lot, I lived a lot, and I'm so looking forward to whatever God will bring in 2012.

Happy Happy New Year!! 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Rachel. We think of you often and look forward to coming and visiting you in 2012 at the village.
    Blessings,
    Matt and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete