Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Friday!


For a myriad of reasons, we had no surgical cases today, so there were just five kids in the unit. We discharged two of them to the pediatric ward before noon, and the remaining three were all on ventilators. Great news though - we extubated baby Yosef! He was happy to have his breathing tube out, but he made us work extra hard on him the rest of the evening. His favorite thing was a little pink mouth swab, which was all we could give him to drink until he proves that he can breathe on his own. You may noticce that he has some congenital challenges with his hand, but he is surprisingly adept at getting what he wants! Watch the video to see his "mad skills" with the mouth swab! Yosef thanks you for the prayers - he had a happy friday!

Since the unit was not as busy, I made a few trips to the pediatric ward to work on some of the kids we operated on early in the week. They were just darling and we had a lot of fun blowing bubbles and playing with my camera (not at the same time, obviously! So I don't have photos of the bubbles.) A few of them needed some extra treatment, which gave me an excuse to make three trips down there to make better friends and get some smiley photos!

Here is Muhamed, the troublemaker! He was really putting on the charm today and being exceptionally adorable. The video below is him showing off his new skill of making a clicking noise with his tongue. Way too cute!







This is Halbast, who cried through his entire treatment, until I discovered that he really liked the camera flash! Then he was all smiles! Sweet, sweet boy.



Ayad has a great smile, but I could never time the camera right! This is the best I could get! He spent a lot of the day walking back and forth in the hallway with his mom. Yes, his hair is always this perfect. 











 This is Jafar. He played shy all day until his third treatment, and then he warmed up and smiled! You can kind of see my hand in this picture - I'm doing CPT with one hand and taking his picture with the other! Pure luck that I got him and his mom both in this photo!
Tomorrow I have the day off, and I almost feel like a deserve one! It's been a long hard week! I'm hoping to maybe visit the "doctor store" that is rumored to be somewhere in this city, and look for some of the wish list items that we are desperately missing. Not sure what else I'll do, but sleeping in is first on the list!

I forgot to take a picture of dinner - but here is breakfast! Greek yogurt with cherries, walnuts, honeycomb, sesame bagel, cheese, and orange juice. Breakfast of champions! I'm full until 2 or 3pm after this! =)

1 comment:

  1. They are all precious, but that Muhamed is just adorable!

    Invite me for breakfast tomorrow.

    Luv ya mostest.

    ReplyDelete